Saturday, February 26, 2011

Food Trucks

As of late I've been a bit obsessed about food trucks. Not the good old "roach coaches" but the gourmet type that you may have seen on "THE GREAT FOOD TRUCK RACE" on the Food Network. Every week they assemble at our neighborhood farmers market with all of their deliciousness and their sweet and savory aromas are difficult to resist. I've been telling all my friends about them and some have even ventured out to try their tempting tasty morsels for themselves and are now big fans.

These mobile eateries are very diverse in both appearance and cuisine. Some are decorated in cute and quirky designs and colors whereas other just scream "I'm here come and taste what I got for ya!". Whatever your in the mood for: Thai, Japanese, Mexican, American, French, Greek, and sweets to satisfy any Sweet-Aholic these trucks offer it all. What I love the most about these buffets on wheels is that it's a great way to try out different gourmet cuisine for not a lot of money. The fact that they are practically in my back yard is just the icing.

Each day of the week you can find several of these trucks huddled around various locations throughout L.A. and O.C. Due to the growing popularity with them most of the venues have become somewhat permanent locals with different trucks rotating each week, although some of them do maintain a weekly set schedule. Here's a link to help you on your hunt that shows who's where and when in both O.C. and L.A. The site also offers a live GPS map. http://thefoodtrucker.com/


If you haven't yet tried the modern day food truck yet I strongly urge you to. I assure you, you won't be disappointed. Bon appetit!


No comments:

Post a Comment